Celebrating a winning tradition of sportsmanship and camaraderie, the cathedral’s basketball program is open to all students of the Sunday school program. With practices once a week and nearly 6 tournaments open to participation annually, the basketball program offers children the opportunity to develop their athletic skills in a fun team environment. Open to children ages 12-18. All skill levels are welcome.
September 11, 2016: 1st day of Sunday School
September 11, 2016: Welcome Back Picnic
October 15-16, 2016: St. George (Bethesda, MD)
October 29-30, 2016: Saint Sophia Cathedral (DC)
December 10-11, 2016: Kimisis Theotokou (Brooklyn, NY)
January 21,22, 2017: Saints Constantine & Helen (Richmond, VA)
February , 2017: Holy Trinity (Wilmington, DE) POSTPONED
April1, 2017: Pizza and Movie Night with Father Dimitri – RISEN (Youth Room)
April 22-23, 2017: St. Katherine’s (Falls Church, MD)
April 29-30 2017: St. Demetrios (Baltimore, MD)
May 6, 2017: GOYA Basketball End of Year Celebration
October 28-29, 2017: Saint Sophia Cathedral (Washington, DC)
- All Basketball tournaments have a dance on the Saturday evening of the tournament weekend. All GOYAN are welcome to attend the dances whether they play basketball or not.
- All teenagers are welcome and encouraged to help run our basketball tournaments.
Eleni Planzos, Sunday School Youth Director (email@example.com)
Christina Sardelis: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Voula Tsoutsouras: (email@example.com)
Walt Whitman High School, Mondays 7:30-9:00pm
- From I-495 (the Capital Beltway), take exit 39 (River Road/MD-190).
- Bear right at the end of the ramp to merge onto River Road/MD-190 East to Washington.
- Make a left onto Whittier Boulevard (the 5th traffic light).
- Whitman is a 1/4 mile on the left.
Registering for the Basketball Team
To register for the Cathedral’s basketball team, all children must be registered in the Sunday School program first. Please see the Sunday School program for more details. To sign up for the basketball team, please complete basketball registration forms.