Celebrating a winning tradition of sportsmanship and camaraderie, the cathedral’s basketball program is open to all students of the Sunday school program. With practices once a week and nearly 6 tournaments open to participation annually, the basketball program offers children the opportunity to develop their athletic skills in a fun team environment. Open to children ages 12-18. All skill levels are welcome.
September 13, 2015: 1st day of Sunday School
September 20, 2015: Welcome Back Picnic
October 3-4, 2015: St. Nicholas (Baltimore, MD) →POSTPONED! ←
October 17-18, 2015: St. George (Bethesda, MD)
October 24-25, 2015: Saint Sophia Cathedral (DC) Click Here to view Tournament Bracket
November 14-15, 2015: Annunciation (Baltimore, MD)
December 5-6, 2015: Kimisis Theotokou (Brooklyn, NY)
March 12-13, 2016: St. Demetrios (Baltimore, MD)
May 8-9, 2016: St. Katherine (Falls Church, VA)
- All Basketball tournaments have a dance on the Saturday evening of the tournament weekend. All GOYAN are welcome to attend the dances whether they play basketball or not.
- All teenagers are welcome and encouraged to help run our basketball tournaments.
Eleni Planzos, Sunday School Youth Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Christina Sardelis: (email@example.com)
Voula Tsoutsouras: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: We have been moved to a new school for the month of November due to construction.
Location: North Chevy Chase Elementary School
3700 Jones Bridge Rd, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Walt Whitman High School, Mondays 7:30-9:00pm
- From I-495 (the Capital Beltway), take exit 39 (River Road/MD-190).
- Bear right at the end of the ramp to merge onto River Road/MD-190 East to Washington.
- Make a left onto Whittier Boulevard (the 5th traffic light).
- Whitman is a 1/4 mile on the left.
Registering for the Basketball Team
To register for the Cathedral’s basketball team, all children must be registered in the Sunday School program first. Please see the Sunday School program for more details. To sign up for the basketball team, please complete basketball registration forms.