Celebrating a winning tradition of sportsmanship and camaraderie, the cathedral’s basketball program is open to all students of the Sunday school program. With practices once a week and nearly 6 tournaments open to participation annually, the basketball program offers children the opportunity to develop their athletic skills in a fun team environment. Open to children ages 12-18. All skill levels are welcome.
September 16, 2012: 1st day of Sunday School/Agiasmos/Welcome back picnic
September 29-30, 2012: St. Constantine and Helen (DC)
October 20-21, 2012: St. George (Bethesda, MD)
October 27-28, 2012: Saint Sophia Cathedral (DC) (Brackets and Regulations)
November 17-18, 2012: Annunciation Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)
Febraury 2-3, 2013: Sts. Constantine & Helen Richmond (Richmond, VA)
Febraury 16-17, 2013: Holy Trinity (Wilmington, DE)
March 9-10, 2013: Sts. Constantine & Helen (Annapolis, MD)
March 16-17, 2013: St. Demetrios (Baltimore, MD) (Brackets and Regulations)
May 11-12, 2013: St. Katherine (Falls Church, VA)
- All Basketball tournaments have a dance on the Saturday evening of the tournament weekend. All GOYAN are welcome to attend the dances whether they play basketball or not.
- All teenagers are welcome and encouraged to help run our basketball tournaments.
GOYA Ski Trip
Saturday, February 23, 2013 to Whitetail Ski Resort.
We will be taking a bus from Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, MD and returning the same evening. Parents are asked to drop off the kids at 7:15 am promptly, and pickup should be around 6:30 pm. For more information please CLICK HERE!!
Walt Whitman High School, Mondays 7:30-9:00pm
- From I-495 (the Capital Beltway), take exit 39 (River Road/MD-190).
- Bear right at the end of the ramp to merge onto River Road/MD-190 East to Washington.
- Make a left onto Whittier Boulevard (the 5th traffic light).
- Whitman is a 1/4 mile on the left.
Registering for the Basketball Team
To register for the Cathedral’s basketball team, all children must be registered in the Sunday School program first. Please see the Sunday School program for more details. To sign up for the basketball team, please complete basketball registration form.